Sunday School as usual after the 7.45 am Mass.
Rite of Election for Confirmands on 15th Jan 2017 after the 7.45 am Mass along with Prayer Guardians & Parents. God parents may attend if convenient.
3. First Holy Communion on Sunday 22nd Jan 2017 at the 10.15 am Mass. Kindly note that the main body of the church will be reserved for the First Holy Communicants along with their parents and family members.
4. Mon., 9th Jan., is the Feast of the Baptism of the Lord.
5. Parish Pastoral Council ( PPC ) meeting will be held on Wed.,11th Jan., at 7.15 in the Seva Kendra Hall.
6. The Salvation Youth Charismatic Prayer Group has organized an Exam Retreat for students in the Seva Kendra Hall on 15th, 16th & 17th Jan., from 5.00 pm to 6.30 pm. For further details please see the banner.
7. This year, we will be conducting 9 Days Novena in preparation for the Parish Feast of Our Lady of Salvation beginning from 27th January, to 4th Feb., 2017. The Konkani Novena Masses will be at 6.00 pm everyday except on Sunday, 29th Jan & on Sat., 4th Feb., it will be at 5.45 pm. The English Novena Masses will be at 7.00 pm everyday except on Sun., 29th Jan., it will be at 7.45 am Mass and on Sat., 4th Feb., it will be at 7.00 pm proceeded by the Singing of the 1st Vespers at 6.30 pm. The 7.00 pm Novena Masses Liturgy will be prepared and conducted by the 4 Zones in order to foster Vibrant participation from our communities. We encourage our parishioner to participate in the 9 Day Novena in large numbers.
8. In order to bring in more fellowship and encourage the small entrepreneurs of our Parish, we propose to have 2 to 3 stalls put up for sale of food / sweets etc., We invite our parishioners who are interested to put up stalls, to register at the Parish office before 15th January, 2017.
9. Demonetisation has thrown up various challenges for our day to day transactions. To learn more and help us to shift to digital options, the Parish YCW cell is organising a talk on ‘E banking…. the Way Forward!’ on Sunday 15th January, 2017 at the Parish Hall from 11.30 am to 1 pm. All are invited.
10. The Parish Bible Cell will hold a series of sessions on “ Cathechism ” starting from Thurs., 19th Jan, at 7.30 pm in Conf. R. No. 1. All are invited.
11. The Medical Centre will be screening an informative series of talks, on Cancer every Friday between 4 – 5 pm in Conf. R. No. 1.The talks are part of a documentary series, “ The truth about Cancer ” and have loads on valuable information on prevention and different methods of managing Cancer. Talks are open to all.
12. Parish Fete on 4th & 5th Feb., 2017. Adds & Sponsorship forms are available in the Parish as well as in Admin. Office for various categories of Advertisements & Sponsorships including the Main Sponsor. Forms for various Competitions will be available in the Parish Office from Tuesday onwards. Also Raffle Forms will be available with the PPC Members and Steering Committee Members. Kindly patronize and participate in large numbers.
13. Parish visiting. This Tuesday, 10th Jan., area covered will be Ram Shyam CHS. John Zone.
14. Thank you very much for your contribution for Christmas amounting to Rs.1,29,970/- & for the New Year amounting to Rs. 99,340/- Total Rs. 2,29,310/- ( Both – Mid-Night & Morning Masses ). The expenses , which includes hiring of chairs, Decoration, Lights, Flowers, Wreath Candles, Christmas Tree, TV Display, Crib, Crib Statues, presents to bereaved families etc. amounted to Rs. 2,62,000/-
Fr. Barthol Barretto