1. Sunday School as usual tomorrow/today after the 7.45am Mass.
2. Rite of Election for Confirmands tomorrow/today in the Parish Hall after the 7.45am Mass along with Prayer Guardians & Parents. God parents may attend if convenient.
3. First Holy Communion on Sunday 22nd Jan 2017 at the 10.15am Mass. Kindly note that the main body of the church will be reserved for the First Holy Communicants along with their parents and family members.
4. Practice Sessions and Confessions for First Holy Communicants in the coming week. Further details will be informed in the class.
5. HEARTalk debate between Confirmands and Parents on 29th January after the 7.45am Mass in the Seva Kendra Hall. Besides Confirmands and their Parents, First Holy Communicants parents are also to attend the same.
6. This year, we will be conducting 9 Days Novena in preparation for the Parish Feast of Our Lady of Salvation beginning from 27th January, to 4th Feb., 2017. The Konkani Novena Masses will be at 6.00 pm everyday except on Sunday, 29th Jan, at 5.45 pm & on Sat., 4th Feb., it will be at 5.30 pm. The English Novena Masses will be at 7.00 pm everyday except on Sun., 29th Jan., it will be at 7.45 am Mass and on Sat., 4th Feb., the First Vespers of the Feast will be at 6.30 pm followed by the Novena Mass at 6.50 pm .The Novena Masses Liturgy will be prepared and conducted by the 4 Zones in order to foster Vibrant participation from our communities. We encourage our parishioner to participate in the 9 Day Novena in large numbers.
7. Zonal Community Council will meet for its practice of the Parish Feast Vespers on Tue., 17th Jan., at 7.30 in the Church and the Cantors will meet on Fri., 20th Jan., at 7.30 pm , practice for the Novena Masses.
8. During the Novena, in order to bring in more fellowship and encourage the small entrepreneurs of our Parish, we propose to have 2 to 3 stalls put up for sale of food / sweets etc., We invite our parishioners who are interested to put up stalls, to register at the Parish office before 20th January, 2017.
9. Demonetisation has thrown up various challenges for our day to day transactions. To learn more and help us to shift to digital options, the Parish YCW cell is organising a talk on ‘E banking…. the Way Forward!’ tomorrow/ today at the Parish Hall from 11.30 am to 1 pm. All are invited.
10. The Parish Bible Cell will hold a series of sessions on “ Catholicism ” starting from Thurs., 19th Jan, at 7.30 pm in Conf. R. No. 1. All are invited. Please refer to the posters for details.
11. The main Prayer Service of the Christian Unity Octave this year will be held immediately after the 7.00 pm Mass next Friday, 20th Jan from 7.45 pm to 9.15 pm in the Church. This is the first time, perhaps in 500 years, the Catholic Church and Pentecostal Churches will jointly attend in Mumbai. Cardinal Oswald will also be attending the Service. Hence we urge all our parishioners to attend this landmark Prayer Service, with the theme “ Reconciliation – The Love of Christ Compels us. ”
12. The Medical Centre will be screening an informative series of talks, on Cancer every Friday between 4 – 5 pm in Conf. R. No. 1.The talks are part of a documentary series, “ The truth about Cancer ” and have loads on valuable information on prevention and different methods of managing Cancer. Talks are open to all.
13. The Hope & Life Association- ( Widows Group ) is having its Annual Day on Sun., 29th Jan., at St. Joseph’s The Worker Church, Bandra ( East ) , Deanery Level. Mass at 10.00 am. A mini bus has been organized. Requesting all widows of our parish to kindly attend. For details, please see the notice board.
14. Parish visiting. This Tuesday, 17th Jan., area covered will be John Zone, Ram Shyam CHS., Bldg. No. 2.
15. The Chaplet of the Divine Mercy will be recited and sung both in English & Konkani on Fri., 20th Jan., after the 7.00 pm Mass. For details see the notice board.
16. There will be an Jesus Encointer and Healing Retreat on 28th to 29th Jan from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm at St. Andrew’s Auditorium, Bandra. To register contact CCR office at Salvation Seva Kendra Bldg., 3rd Floor.
17. The Conference of Our Lady of Salvation & St. Francis of Assisi , thanks our parishioners for their generous contribution during our Annual Charity Drive. The amount received is Rs. 73,870/-
18. Parish Fete on 4th & 5th Feb., 2017. Adds & Sponsorship forms are available in the Parish as well as in Admin. Office for various categories of Advertisements & Sponsorships including the Main Sponsor. Forms for various Competitions are available in the Parish Office. Also Raffle Forms will be available with the PPC Members and Steering Committee Members. Kindly patronize and participate in large numbers.
19. Thank you very much for your contribution for last Sunday amounting to Rs.57,360/- & Crib Collection Rs.17,730/-
Fr. Barthol Barretto